In 2009, Nike introduced the running world to LunarGlide+, and since then both long and short distance runners have been raving how a shoe can be so light, yet provide stability, support and cushioning.
Over the years I have tried LunarGlide+ (2009), LunarGlide 2 (2010) and LunarGlide 3 (2011), and each version has incorporated the latest in running technology. The LunarGlide series has been named one of the most successful running shoe series ever designed by Nike.
Design and technology have played an important role in creating the perfect shoe:
- The top front of the shoe is mesh, allowing for breathability, airflow, and quick dry time.
- A near seamless interior has reducing friction, irritation, and blistering.
- Soles have a deep flex groove eliminating stone retention.
- The toe box is narrow providing a comfortable fit and still allows wiggle room.
- Additional cushioning reduces stress and impact on knees and joints.
- The light weight and supportive Flywire technology in the mid sole and heal adds strength and stability.
- A dyanamic support platform allows the shoe to mold to the foot, making it idea for all gait types; under pronators, neutral or over pronators.
- Gender specific flex grooves for both male and female foot types
- Nike+ cartridge area
Overall, the LunarGlide series are comfortable from the first time you put them on. They are well designed and the best value available on the market.