Every 9 ½ minutes, someone in the United States is infected with HIV. There are an estimated 220,000 people living with HIV that do not even know they are infected. While over the years research has substantially improved the treatment for HIV, awareness of safer sex and education for people to get tested to know their status has become incredibly important to reduce the spread of infection. People living with HIV rely on community support programs.
This is where Dine Out for Life steps in. Each year, Dine Out for Life raises over $3 million to support the 60 service organizations. Across the United States and Canada over 3,000 restaurants donate a portion of their proceeds on this special day to help HIV/AIDS resource organizations so they can fulfill their mandate.
Funds that are raised locally, stay locally. Vancouver’s Dine Out for Life will be held on Thursday, March 7, 2013. Restaurants in Vancouver, Whistler, White Rock and the Fraser Valley contribute 25% of food sales to the program. The Vancouver beneficiaries benefit A Loving Spoonful and Friends For Life.
This Thursday, March 7, visit a participating restaurant for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and be a part of an amazing social movement to help people living with HIV/AIDS.
Wild Rice is delighted to participate in Dine Out for Life. The socially conscious establishment prides itself for their farm-to-table menu. Their focus on local, seasonal, and sustainable menu, along with owner Andrew Wong’s Chinese heritage, has influenced the East-meets-West and traditional-meets-modern Asian-fusion fare. Both Gastown and New Westminster locations are favourites of Vancouver foodies.
Enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Wild Rice. To enter tweet:
I want to win a $50 gc to @WildRiceBC from @br_webb to support @VanDOFL, @alovingspoonful & @VanFFL: http://ow.ly/ih8d2 #WinWildRice
Once you have tweeted this contest you can receive up to four additional chances to win by doing the following:
- Follow @br_webb on Twitter and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you are a new follower for an additional entry.
- Leave a comment on this blog post if you’ll be going to support Dine Out For Life Vancouver this Thursday, March 7, 2013.
- Share this blog post on Facebook and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you have shared on Facebook for an additional entry.
- Subscribe to myWebbSite.ca and leave an additional comment on this blog post confirming you have subscribed for an additional entry.
Contest closes at 5:00pm PST, Wednesday, March 6, 2013. One random drawn winner will be announced on this blog post on or before Thursday, March 7, 2013. Read the complete contest rules.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This contest is now closed.
Congratulations Dilara, you are the lucky winner of a $50 gift card to Wild Rice!
Thank you to everyone who entered by sharing on Facebook, twitter, and subscribing to myWebbSite.ca. Please keep watching for more contests coming soon.